[icecast] icecast1 and compilation on RH9

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Mon Sep 22 00:27:53 UTC 2003

I know that icecast-1.3.12 is deprecated and for a good reason. I wanted
to test it out on my Red Hat 9 box today. I found that it would not
compile. Has anyone else seen this?
What I wanted to try was testing streaming MP3 audio and relaying
encoded icecast audio from one machine to another again. Is there an
easy way to accomplish relaying from one machine to another using
icecast2.
I have icecast2 running no problem on RH9. In fact, the audio quality is
above reproach.
But I am trying to help out a friend and he has some specific requests;
one is the ability to stream in MP3 format and the other to stream the
encoded audio from the local server to another out-sourced icecast
machine that listeners could then connect to.
Thanks.
KJ

--
Kerry Cox <kerry.cox at ksl.com>