[icecast] Looks good on server, no audio on client.

sonnik sonnik at cox.net
Wed Sep 10 01:20:31 UTC 2003

Thanks for everyone's help so far...

Just to bring everyone up to date...
- With Winamp2, I seem to be stuck at "connecting..." My logs show a
perfect 59 bytes transferred with each connect.  Set mountpoint to .ogg
extension also.
- My logs show various transfer sizes with other clients (depending on
how long I'm pseudo-connected.
- Using the Ices <savefile> parameter, I can verify that Ices is
encoding both the static .ogg files (playlist) and a live line-in
stream.

>From that file, I'm quite impressed with the quality I may get if I get
Icecast2 working!

Right now, I'm leaning towards fault lying with my Icecast2 itself.  I'm
going to triple check my compile and the umpteenth check of the
configuration/logs.

If anyone knows a sure-shot way of isolating Icecast2's reliability, let
me know.