[icecast] Problem with clients trying to connect trough a proxy

Xavier xavier909 at free.fr
Tue Sep 9 22:30:30 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I've just installed icecast2 and ices2 on a RH 8.0 box.

It works perfectly well when I try to listen to the stream from home (DSL
connection) with winamp 2.91. However, when I try to connect from my
university (connection through a proxy server), I can't connect to the
icecast server (even though I configured the proxy server in
options->preferences->setup). The problem doesn't come from Winamp since I
can listen to other streams.

Is there something I should specify in icecast.xml or anything I should do
to fix the problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

xavier