[icecast] seek, pause etc using icecast ?

W. Kevin Pedigo kevinp at kplug.org
Wed Sep 3 22:48:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 22:43, Scott Manley wrote:
> You know winamp does support seeking on HTTP connections via the Range:
> header, of course it relies on the client figuring out how the byte
> offset corresponds to the time offset, which is easy for CBR files, but
> not for VBR files. And winamp sometimes gets confused with some
> streaming servers and keeps trying to seek when it doesn't need to.

Yes, of course there are fringe cases, and you make a good point.  I was
just trying to get the basic idea across without saying things like "RFC
2616 Section 14.35 in contrast to the format described in RFC 2326
Section 3.7" and may have oversimplified there...

Oh the shame.....

Thanks to Linux Toys, I'm listening to Still Can't... by The Cranberries