[icecast] ices2 not compiling on OpenBSD 3.3 -> ices 0.3 cofig problem?

Mitja Pirih Mitja.Pirih at radiocapris.com
Wed Oct 29 19:56:52 UTC 2003

> > Playlist streaming works well on OpenBSD, of course. The
> first step to
> > actually fix this would be improving the autodetection to
> disable Sun
> > audio on OpenBSD automatically - next would be to write im_bsd.c. ;P
>
> Hmm, I would need that for live streaming. How about ices 0.3?

Ices 0.3 compiles OK, but I have troubles to make a config file.

Here is what I get:

# ices -v -c ices-live.xml
Unknown Stream keyword: input
Logfile opened
DEBUG: Sending following information to libshout:
DEBUG: Stream: 0
DEBUG: Host: 10.1.1.100:8000 (protocol: http)
DEBUG: Mount: /cap2.ogg, Password: xxx
DEBUG: Name: Test stream        URL: http://localhost/
DEBUG: Genre: Test genre        Desc: Default description
DEBUG: Bitrate: 128     Public: 0
DEBUG: Dump file: (null)
DEBUG: Initializing playlist handler...
DEBUG: Initializing builting playlist handler...
Could not find a valid playlist file.
Ices Exiting...

=============== ices-live.xml config file ===========================
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ices:Configuration xmlns:ices="http://www.icecast.org/projects/ices">

  <Execution>
    <!-- Set this to 1 if you want ices to launch in the background as a
         daemon -->
    <Background>0</Background>
    <!-- Set this to 1 if you want to see more verbose output from ices -->
    <Verbose>0</Verbose>
    <!-- This directory specifies where ices should put the logfile, cue file
         and pid file (if daemonizing). Don't use /tmp if you have l33t h4x0rz
         on your server. -->
    <BaseDirectory>/tmp</BaseDirectory>
  </Execution>

  <Stream>
     <input>
            <module>oss</module>
            <param name="rate">44100</param> <!-- samplerate 22050 best-->
            <param name="channels">2</param> <!-- number of channels -->
            <param name="device">/dev/audio</param> <!-- audio device -->
            <param name="metadata">0</param>
            <param name="metadatafilename">test</param>
        </input>

    <Server>
      <!-- Hostname or ip of the icecast server you want to connect to -->
      <Hostname>10.1.1.100</Hostname>
      <!-- Port of the same -->
      <Port>8000</Port>
      <!-- Encoder password on the icecast server -->
      <Password>xxx</Password>
      <!-- Header protocol to use when communicating with the server.
           Shoutcast servers need "icy", icecast 1.x needs "xaudiocast", and
           icecast 2.x needs "http". -->
      <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    </Server>

    <!-- The name of the mountpoint on the icecast server -->
    <Mountpoint>/cap2.ogg</Mountpoint>
    <!-- The name of the dumpfile on the server for your stream. DO NOT set
         this unless you know what you're doing.
    <Dumpfile>ices.dump</Dumpfile>
    -->
    <!-- The name of you stream, not the name of the song! -->
    <Name>Capris stream</Name>
    <!-- Genre of your stream, be it rock or pop or whatever -->
    <Genre>Test genre</Genre>
    <!-- Longer description of your stream -->
    <Description>Default description</Description>
    <!-- URL to a page describing your stream -->
    <URL><a href="http://localhost/</URL">http://localhost/</URL</a>>
    <!-- 0 if you don't want the icecast server to publish your stream on
         the yp server, 1 if you do -->
    <Public>0</Public>

    <!-- Stream bitrate, used to specify bitrate if reencoding, otherwise
         just used for display on YP and on the server. Try to keep it
         accurate -->
    <Bitrate>128</Bitrate>
    <!-- If this is set to 1, and ices is compiled with liblame support,
         ices will reencode the stream on the fly to the stream bitrate. -->
    <Reencode>0</Reencode>
    <!-- Number of channels to reencode to, 1 for mono or 2 for stereo -->
    <!-- Sampe rate to reencode to in Hz. Leave out for LAME's best choice
    <Samplerate>44100</Samplerate>
    -->
    <Channels>2</Channels>
  </Stream>