[icecast] ices2 not compiling on OpenBSD 3.3

gtgbr at gmx.net gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Oct 29 18:57:37 UTC 2003

Mitja Pirih wrote:
> I just downloaded ices from the CVS repository and when I try to compile it a get this error:
> im_sun.c:29: stropts.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, use the configure option --disable-sun-audio. Ices2's im_sun only
works on Solaris right now as it seems. I managed to compile it with
some changes, but live streaming still isn't possible. It appears that
audio output via /dev/audio is the same on Solaris and OpenBSD, but
audio input is different.

Playlist streaming works well on OpenBSD, of course. The first step to
actually fix this would be improving the autodetection to disable Sun
audio on OpenBSD automatically - next would be to write im_bsd.c. ;P