[icecast] Very newbie questions

Rutherford, John Library Rutherford at mail.ccsu.edu
Tue Oct 28 17:14:32 UTC 2003

I want to move from a windows media server to
icecast using ogg format streaming files.

I have (I think) setup icecast2 in a /usr/local/icecast
directory with conf, log and web subdirectories all owned by
iceuser.

What I want to do is stream single pre=encoded ogg encoded files to
users by placing url's on selected web pages (this is for
music reserves at our university).

Do I need to use playlists? If so can anyone provide examples of
playlist files, and the ice.xml icecast.xml files and recommended
location of the .ogg files?

Many thanks,

John Rutherford