[icecast] Need a cool streamer for icecast

Thomas B. Ruecker, DM8TBR dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Oct 26 19:18:32 UTC 2003

> > Hi, can anyone tell me a cool app to stream mp3 to my icecast server?
> > I need it to make a local radio...so I need feature like multichannel,
> > fading, playlist...and possibly a cool interface.
>
> <waving hand mysteriously>
>
> You don't want MP3... you want Ogg...  you love Ogg.
ACK! :]

> And ices2 should work fine for Ogg streaming.
If you want to collect some analogue source that's the way to go. (With some effort it should even support changing tags while using the dsp-input)

If you want to do everything using PCs you maybe want to check out Oddsock's plug-ins for Winamp, XMMS, foobar, etc. (clicky here: www.oddsock.org)
This will enable you to stream directly from your favourite(tm) player including automatic tag support. Fancy mixing etc will be something to be done by this application. AFAIK such plug-ins for most of the mentioned players are available.

Thomas