[icecast] Icecast2 Beta 1 hijacks CPU

V Mahabir newmannium at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:48:32 UTC 2003

I'm running Icecast 2 Beta 1 which satisfies my needs - high quality audio
serving @ reasonably low bitrates.

The problem is however that it tends to hog the CPU resources after having
run for like a day/day and a half. Source and client connections fail when
this happens.
I'm using psmon to monitor icecast (respawn when it dies or kill/respawn
when it starts to eat CPU).

I use Winamp icw Oddcast (www.oddsock.org) as source.

I've compiled icecast using the libs provided in the snapshot archive. I'm
not sure if those are up to date or not....(should I use CVS?) :

- libogg-1.1-20031120.tar.gz
- libvorbis-1.0.1-20031120.tar.gz

These have been compiled using:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/3.2.2/specs
Configured with: ../gcc-3.2.2/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-checking
--with-gnu-ld --verbose --target=i386-slackware-linux
--host=i386-slackware-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.2

Uname -a: Linux felix 2.4.22 #1 SMP Wed Nov 19 00:34:53 CET 2003 i586
unknown