[icecast] dumping to multiple files

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Nov 17 12:49:21 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 07:50, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 at 08:40:35, DM wrote:
>
> > 	I intend to make a live streaming of a quite long multi-artist concert
> > ( 8h or so). I also would like to dump the concert to a file(s).
> > For several reasons I would prefer to dump performance of every artist
> >
> > to seperate file. Is it possible to somehow tell ices2 to switch dumping
> > from one file to another ( without interrupting a transmission of course ) ?
> > Or maybe there are some other ways of achieving this?
>
> Haven't yet tried (and needed) this myself. But would maybe moving the dumpfile
> away and giving ices2 a SIGHUP, SIGUSR1 or SIGUSR2 help? Don't know how it's
> implemented though ...

That won't work, and unfortunately I haven't had chance to move various
bits into cvs yet, however I do have code you can use.

My mods to libshout/ices2 will support multiple save files, using a
duration marker or metadata update (ie USR1 in live mode) as the
trigger.

The code is on www.xiph.org/~karl, you'll need the libshout on there as
well as the savefile is not the only thing different. Look at the
examples in the conf directory to see the xml layout.

karl.