[icecast] Icecast / liveice quandry

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Nov 13 16:55:26 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 16:38, Adon Irani wrote:
> i know with icecast2/ices , karl heyes has some example config files for
> mixing live/static content ( if i recall correctly ) .

just to clarify, the ices2 mods I have do allow for stating multiple
inputs but not mixing, they are full switchover.  This would work in
this case as the first would be a once through playlist followed by an
oss input (for example).  The issue here is ices2 only sends out ogg
vorbis so an mp3 stream would have to be transcoded from it.

karl.