[icecast] icecast 2 CVS version doesn't compile

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed May 28 13:44:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Geoff Shang wrote:

> Surely preferred behaviour is for configure to complain if libcurl isn't
> recent enough, and only complete with YP disabled if you specifically
> disable it with a configure flag.

<hmmm, upon further reflection ...>

Or maybe have YP disabled by default and have it complain as above if you
enable it with a configure option?

It's just that I can see a whole bunch of "I can't get YP stuff to work"
messages replacing the "WTF is CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL" messages we're currently
getting.  Having configure quietly disable YP support and go about its
business isn't going to make it any easier for the casual user to figure
out what the problem is, and is only going to make what seems to be a
common issue harder for us to diagnose (at least now it's easy).

I guess whether we opt for YP support to be enabled or disabled by default
will be a matter of deciding how mainstream a function it is.  Personally,
I'd think that most icecast users will want to use it, so I'd vote for it
being enabled by default.  But I'm not too bothered either way.

Geoff.