[icecast] Ices -> Icecast Authentication Failure

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Thu May 15 19:48:29 UTC 2003

You are using ices 0.2.3 with icecast2? As far as I heard yesterday
this combination doesn't work and never will because of a different
protocol. Problem is that 0.2.3 is only compatible with icecast1 (as
far as I heard) and the new ices-2.0 beta which works with icecast2
doesn't support mp3 ... and maybe never will?!?

But there shall be patches out there for ices 0.2.3 - but I haven't
seen them myself so far. If you find out something, let us know!

  Stefan