[icecast] Anybody tried implementing different streaming protocols yet?

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.dk
Thu May 15 15:24:47 UTC 2003

Hep

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 12:04:43AM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:

> For entirely different reasons, an RTSP implementation in icecast would be a
> Very Good Thing, but it's an extremely large task. I don't think anyone has
> tried yet.

Maybe another and easier way would be to implement the ogg vorbis
format in Real Networks "open sourced" Helix streaming server which
allready supports rtsp and http? I realize this is not what this
maillinglist is about just trying to be "real world" practical :) Btw
good job you guys are doing!

The "Open Sourced" Helix server can be found here :

https://www.helixcommunity.org

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk