[icecast] Anybody tried implementing different streaming protocols yet?

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Thu May 15 14:04:26 UTC 2003

Hi,

does anybody know if somebody tried implementing things like rtsp, mms or
similar in icecast so far? I heard some rumors from people complaining
transmissions over http or not "that secure" because using a wget you can
easily write them to disk. They suggested using real servers or something - but
I wonder if its (easy?) possible to implement another already widely used
protocol like mms, rtsp or similar.

 Stefan