[icecast] Icecast 2 for Live365 MP3 Relaying

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu May 15 13:46:56 UTC 2003

this is probably caused by the lack of buffering in icecast2.  Their relay
client may be doing some buffering in itself, and if it's expecting for
there to be buffering on the server side as well, it might exhibit a
behavior you are seeing....(that also is a difference between iceast1 and
icecast2 - no server-side buffering in icecast2 and there was in icecast1)...

fwiw, I am trying to implement server side stream buffering right now, but
it's not quite working as yet....This may address your problem, and it
certainly will address the problems of clients having to do a serious
amount of apparent buffering before listening to a stream.

oddsock