[icecast] Transcoding from icecast2->icecast2 results in "garbage"

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Sun May 4 06:57:35 UTC 2003

On 4 May 2003 at 10:49, Geoff Shang wrote:

> I have done this in the past, though it was a few months back.  First
> thing to check - you need to change all occurances of
> "application/x-ogg" to "application/ogg".  These are in liboddcast.cpp
> and transcurl.cpp.  Change these and recompile.  This is almost
> certainly your problem, as streamTranscoder is thinking that the input
> is MP3.

Oh well, I missed a detail :-) My input and output ARE MP3 - thats
abolutely correct. So the funny thing is that it works with a
Shoutcast-server but not with an icecast2-server as input. Oddsock
already confirmed this bug (and tried a lot to give me a quick
help!). But lowering all Buffers in the mp3decoder.h and something we
weren't able to track this bug down.

Is anybody else of you involved in the development / knows how to
deal with the code? Could someone possibly have a look at it?

 Stefan