[icecast] Behaviour of server-side stream dump

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Mar 31 16:32:39 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Michael Smith wrote:

> Option 2. Files will be appended.

hmmm.  The append doesn't seem to work quite properly.  I tried connecting
for 58 seconds, then 44 seconds. Here's the result:

New logical stream (#1, serial: 2ef23e03): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 64.001000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
Warning: illegally placed page(s) for logical stream 2
This indicates a corrupt ogg file.
Warning: sequence number gap in stream 2. Got page 1 when expecting page 0.
Indicates missing data.
Warning: EOS not set on stream 1
Vorbis stream 1:
        Total data length: 58747 bytes
        Playback length: 0m:16s
        Average bitrate: 28.974039 kbps
Warning: EOS not set on stream 2
Vorbis stream 2:
        Total data length: 0 bytes
        Playback length: -35791394m:-8s
        Average bitrate: nan kbps

I discovered this because a friend using oddcast did a show that resulted
in a server-side log that wouldn't play in winamp, but would in ogg123.
I'll post the ogginfo for that too, but youll see that, apart from the 0
byte count for stream 1, the output looks very similar. any advice on what
can be done to doctor the below file to make it playable would be good as
it's 60 meg and I don't particularly want to compromise quality still
further by re-encoding it, assuming that oggdec will decode it.

Processing file "Dave and Friends.ogg"...

New logical stream (#1, serial: 00003927): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 48.000000 kb/s
Upper bitrate: 48.000000 kb/s
Lower bitrate: 48.000000 kb/s
User comments section follows...
        TITLE=
        ARTIST=Broadcast4Peace.org
        ENCODEDBY=oddcast
Warning: illegally placed page(s) for logical stream 2
This indicates a corrupt ogg file.
Warning: sequence number gap in stream 2. Got page 1 when expecting page 0.
Indicates missing data.
Warning: EOS not set on stream 1
Vorbis stream 1:
        Total data length: 0 bytes