[icecast] kicking sources

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Mar 31 12:43:26 UTC 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 20:48, Daniel Seebald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just seen a new thread asking about kicking clients off the server
> and wondered, if there is a feature to kick sources off the server as well.
> This would be very useful if the server is used by multiple djs on
> a radio-station with a timetable. So when a dj forgets to stop his
> livestream
> the next dj could just kick the source instead of killing and restarting
> the whole
> server. (Because that would kill everything if the server is running
> multiple sources).

This turned out to be easier than I expected, so I just committed an
implementation of it. The admin html-frontend is still not done, but you can
access http://your.server:port/admin/killsource?mount=/mountname" with a web
browser to test it. Username is either of admin username and password, or the
username/password for that mountpoint (both as configured in the config file)

Mike