[icecast] Winamp3 (was solved: building icecast2 on OpenBSD)

Devin Campbell devin at moonglade.com
Sat Mar 29 13:50:07 UTC 2003

While I agree Winamp 3 has some serious problems, I just wanted
to throw out a couple observations that I made about it recently.

Running Icecast2/IceS from CVS about two months ago streamed perfectly to
the public release of Winamp3 (build #488).  I ran it for several weeks
with absolutely no problems.

Updated Icecast2 and IceS from CVS a week or so ago and it didn't work
at all (constant prebuffering).

Found this thread on the Winamp3 forums:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=efa97392c58637fddf0bdbaf09bbd9f0&t
hreadid=125418&highlight=icecast

which suggests a newer build (#495) which has fixed the problem for me:
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/wa3install_build495.exe

Only issue is that you HAVE to uninstall the previous version of Winamp3
before installing this build or it behaves really poorly.

So, at least there is a fix available for this specific problem and they are
making progress in the right direction.

Devin