[icecast] oddcast plugin behaviors

Karel Alvarez karelium at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 08:52:02 UTC 2003

hi oddsock,

Your oddcast plugin is very good, currently is able to connect to
icecast, icecast2 and shotcast servers; that's way is very usefull.
Well, I know you know all that... :-)

But I have some problems with it:

minimized or moved, oddcast's window does it too. At this point, all
ok.

What about if the plugin owner is not winamp?
When I use oddcast from other programs (in my case, delphi) it works
fine, but it still try to attach to a winamp...ooh, why? why?  Now, if
I minimize winamp, the plugin dissapear too! and, if I drag it's window
near to winamp's, oddcast freezes for a while; I guess it is trying to
attach to the another process window (winamp) but failing in many many
times as the mouse is dragging the plugin window.

Would be good that we could specify the attach window (may be through
.INI, may be sending a window message to oddcast's window) or, at
least; if the process who opened the dll is not winamp, disable all
those behaviors.

sent ok but clients (winamp or media player) can't connect to it. For
this case, the error.log says:

....src\connection.c Client connected
....src\connection.c Source found for client
....src\source.c Client added
....src\source.c Client had unrecoverable error with new data, probably
due to client disconnection
....src\source.c Client removed

I'm confussed. Icecast2 does not stream mp3 ??

moreover, If the server is Shoutcast; ogg/vorbis is not supported (I
know that). MP3 data works ok!!

"disconnect" button. I carry forward with it because, if the oddcast
can't log into the server (e.g 'cause a bad password), it tries to
reconnect over and over and we can not tell it that stops in order to
change the config. If we press "connect" while oddcast is waiting for
the reconnection time, it tries to reconnect again so never is stopped
!!!