[icecast] client disconnects after one song is played || Winamp

boink boink at tetter.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 18 08:39:06 PST 2003



hello,

which version of Winamp are you using? I've found that Winamp 3 is
useless with ogg. If you want to use Winamp with ogg, Winamp 2.8 works
fairly well. 

Foobar2000 I've found to work very well also. The good news is that
Nullsoft does want to improve this problem.

boink

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:46:48AM -0500, gcorey at blackoakassociates.com wrote:
> I'm using the latest CVS source under Linux using a playlist
> of ogg files.  When I use a client to connect on the same
> machine, there is not any disconnect (xmms and zinf).   When
> using a client on a Windows machine, I get mixed results.  
> Zinf on windows will play thru the current song but then stops
> when the song is finished and does not play the next song
> being streamed (see log below).    Winamp on windows will not
> play at all.   On my iMac, I am using AudioOn and it behaves
> the same way as Zinf on Winblows (playing the current song and
> then disconnects).    Both the Windows box and the iMac box on
> a 100BaseT ethernet LAN.
> 
> I guess I have 3 questions
> 1) Why is the player disconnecting after the current song?
> 2) Why won't Winamp on Winblows play at all?
> 3) Why does Zinf on the same machine at the streamer play
> correctly?
> 
> [2003-03-17  23:32:01] DBUG source/source_main Client added
> [2003-03-17  23:36:31] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:32] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:32] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:32] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:33] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:33] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:33] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:33] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:34] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:34] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:34] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:35] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:35] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:35] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:35] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:36] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:36] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:36] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:36] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:37] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:37] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:37] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:38] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:38] DBUG
> format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had
> recoverable error -1
> [2003-03-17  23:36:38] DBUG source/source_main Client has
> fallen too far behind, removing
> [2003-03-17  23:36:38] DBUG source/source_main Client removed
> --- >8 ----
> List archives:  http://www.xiph.org/archives/
> icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.


-- 

<p>je ne cherche pas, je trouve (Picasso)

<p>--- >8 ----
List archives:  http://www.xiph.org/archives/
icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.




More information about the Icecast mailing list