[icecast] icecast2 password bug?

Karel Alvarez karelium at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 05:08:08 UTC 2003

Hello people,

I'm trying the Icecast2 for win32 (release 02-26-2003).

Currently my (mp3/ogg) source data for the server is a winamp running
the oddcast plugin.

I can't connect to icecast2 server using odd_cast plugin. Actually it
connects ok, but just after winamp start to play, it is disconnected
from server.

The server log say: attempted to login with invalid or missing password

So, I began to change passwords, usernames, etc.

I have this icecast2 configuration:

<mount>
  <mount-name>/Test.ogg</mount-name>
  <username></username>
  <password>anypassword</password>
</mount>

Guess what! Icecast2 server now get crashed as soon as I start to send
data to him!

Now I'm very confused, I don't know what to do!

Please, help meeee...
      Karel