[icecast] Stream with Ices2 sound very metallic

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Mar 17 14:14:18 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 00:58, iceuse at kezako.net wrote:
> I'm not sure this it the problem, because whatever the encoding if (managed
> or not), the problem is there.
> To listen to the problem:
> http://www.stalig.com/radio_ices.ogg	The ices stream in a file (a few
> seconds) http://www.stalig.com/radiofree.ogg  	The darkice stream in a file
> (a few seconds)
>
> Looking at the content of the ogg files, we can see there are using the
> same vorbis lib even if i comment the bit rates and set the managed flag to
> 0, the problem is there.
>
> Strange...
> Chris

Not a very good comparison - the darkice stream is not using the same encoder
parameters as the ices stream.

However, that sounds like a completely different sort of problem - I've never
heard ices do anything that sounds like that. Can you post your config file
to this list? It's possible you've got it misconfigured in a way that the
code doesn't check for, or something like that.

Mike