[icecast] ices2 compilations problems

Nicolas Bazin bazin.nicolas at club-internet.fr
Thu Mar 13 00:12:24 UTC 2003

Hi, I have an Ices2 comp problem, it can't find libshout.

I have installed Libshout 2.0 in /home/Darkmeteor

the configure line I'm using for ices2 is :
./configure --prefix=/home/Darkmeteor --with-ogg-prefix=/home/Darkmeteor --with-vorbis-prefix=/home/Darkmeteor --with-shout-prefix=/home/Darkmeteor

Problem :

checking for Ogg... yes
checking for Vorbis... yes
checking for Shout... no
*** Could not run Shout test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means Shout was incorrectly installed
*** or that you have moved Shout since it was installed. In the latter case, you
*** may want to edit the shout-config script:
configure: error: must have libshout installed!

I tried to recompile everything, and I still have that problem...
(FreeBSD 4.7 Stable, no root access)