[icecast] bad password

mike mike at linuxlink.com
Thu Mar 6 06:09:18 UTC 2003

I have icecast2 on gentoo running on this laptop.  I have ices from CVS
running on a G3.  AFAICT the config files are right. <below>  It tries
to connect, says it is then bad password.  Is there somewhere else this
password may be that I do not know of?

Besides hackme, I have tried xxxxx   xxxxxx   letmein   etc.  in both
files.. no joy.

also, when i use the run_ices commandline withthe appropriate password,
it seems to get past the password fine, but something else goes wrong.
When i use the live.xml which is generated it fails with bad password.
as best i can tell gentoo is not building with crypto or anything like
that.

Any help is appreciated.

I also put icecast2 on a conectiva box with the same results.  also
installed it on the same g3 and still got the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

<icecast>
         <location>Mike's House</location>

         <limits>
                 <clients>100</clients>
                 <sources>2</sources>
                 <threadpool>5</threadpool>
                 <client-timeout>30</client-timeout>
                 <header-timeout>15</header-timeout>
                 <source-timeout>10</source-timeout>
         </limits>

         <source-password>hackme</source-password>

         <directory>
                 <touch-freq>5</touch-freq>
                 <server>
                         <host>localhost</host>
                         <touch-freq>15</touch-freq>
                 </server>
         </directory>

         <port>8000</port>
         <!--<bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address>-->

         <paths>
                 <basedir>/usr/local/icecast</basedir>
                 <logdir>/tmp</logdir>
         </paths>

         <logging>
                 <accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
                 <errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
         </logging>

     <security>
         <chroot>0</chroot>
         <!--<changeowner>
             <user>nobody</user>
             <group>nogroup</group>
         </changeowner>-->
     </security>
</icecast>
######################

ices.xml

<ices>
         <background>0</background>
         <logpath>/usr/local/ogg/log</logpath>
         <logfile>ices.log</logfile>
         <loglevel>1</loglevel>

         <stream>
                 <metadata>
                         <name>Ogg stream</name>
                         <genre>misc</genre>
                         <description>No description</description>
                 </metadata>
                 <input>
                         <module>oss</module>
                         <param name="rate">44100</param>
                         <param name="channels">1</param>
                         <param name="device">/dev/dsp</param>
                         <param name="metadata">1</param>
             <paramname="metadatafilename">/var/tmp/metadata.2491</param>
                 </input>
                 <instance>
                         <hostname>192.168.1.24</hostname>
                         <port>8000</port>