[icecast] streamripper

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Mon Jun 30 08:25:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 at 08:08:58, mark burdett wrote:

> i just realized that streamripper doesn't seem to archive icecast2
> streams... what do people use to archive these days?  (i'm looking for
> command-line)

Simply have a try at wget? :-) Was surprised to find it working but some weeks
ago I simply tried wget'ting a stream and save it to disk. Worked without a
problem.

What part of streamripper doesn't work for you? Does it work as expected with
shoutcast / icecast1 at your site? Can't imagine what big changes were made to
the client-side when constructing icecast2 - since the client-part was supposed
to be backward-compatible.

  Stefan