[icecast] Oddcast suggestion

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Mon Jun 23 08:03:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 07:44:55PM +1200, Ross Levis wrote:

> I think someone already suggested this.  Apparently IceCast v1 supports
> relaying.  Is this likely to be added to IceCast2 in the near future?

Icecast2 supports relaying, but not "relay on demand"... where relays
are only opened if a listener connects.  Relays are opened when Icecast2
runs, they're available the whole time.

Honestly, I think if a radio stream is worried about wasting bandwidth
by streaming and not having anyone listen, you should really look into
just putting standalone audio programs and music on a website until you
can count on more listenership.