[icecast] Runaway icecast again (more YP issues)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jun 20 16:37:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, oddsock wrote:

> Geoff, to resolve the problem of the "Server exists" issue, I actually need
> the stream name (I called it server name), as that is what is used (in
> part) to key into the "Server exists" logic.  Also, let me know if this is
> still happening, or if it has resolved itself.

It has resolved itself now, by the look of things.  Though I do notice that
it touches the YP server every 30 seconds.  Is this normal and is it
controllable?

> with regard to the system load above 8....what is your setting for
> <yp-url-timeout> in your icecast.xml ? and which version of icecast2 are
> you running ?  This config item was put in so that problems contacting the
> YP will time out after X seconds (specified by this parameter).

15 seconds as per the sample config, and CVS of last weekend.  Note though
that in this example, icecast was able to contact the YP server, the YP
server sent back the error message.  It looks as though icecast kept on
trying to add the new entry, but as you say, it should have been able to
after 5 minutes.

Geoff.