[icecast] Runaway icecast again (more YP issues)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jun 20 00:23:48 UTC 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, oddsock wrote:

> so thats the way it's supposed to work, and I just checked the DB, and
> there are no stale entries, so you shouldn't be getting the "Server already
> exists" message anymore, although clearly, according to your logs, you
> are...so can you send me the Server NAme you are using (this is specified
> in the source client) ?  Feel free to send me the info to

bumpy.braille.uwo.ca

We've not restarted the server since we hit these problems earlier today.
One thing that you'll notice from the log fragment I posted is that the
server doesn't seem to wait between attempts to update the YP server.  This
is probably why the load runs so high.  This doesn't solve why it's not
working, but at least it would keep itself under control.

Geoff.