[icecast] [semi-OT]: will icecast eventually be able to stream video ?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Jun 18 07:39:23 UTC 2003

hello guys !

i wonder whether the new ogg theora video codec will be added to icecast2...
we've been using icecast2 earlier this year for a webcast of our linux
audio developers conference
(http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/eventszkm2003.php3), and since next
year's event will be somewhat bigger, we would love to have some sort of
video stream happening.
it's nothing mission critical, just geek play, but it might be an
interesting test case and a nice way to bring together the linux-audio-*
and xiph communities...

best,

jörn

--
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from
the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or

Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)