[icecast] Wanted: Ogg Stations Directory

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Jun 17 13:11:19 UTC 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Stefan Neufeind wrote:

> If a station is listed in both dirs you can easily detect this. But to
> know which directory entry is more up2date (e.g. when doing
> title-updates) it would be good to have a "last touched"-time for each
> entry in the XML-file.

doesn't icecast's YP functions touch all directory servers at the same
time?

I still think that the best way to ensure that most people are listed in
the one place is to make it desirable for people to be listed in that
place.  Why do you think that so many people are listed on shoutcast.com
and why so many icecast 1.x users want to be?  Because that's where people
know to go to get MP3 streams.

Personally, I'm surprised that a server hasn't been set up on icecast.org
and made the official server.

Geoff.