[icecast] Wanted: Ogg Stations Directory

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Jun 17 11:45:26 UTC 2003

Hi:

Surely it would be just easier if everyone used the directory servers
listed in the sample icecast.xml file.  It sounds like what you're
proposing is doing something manually that should be doable automatically.
Yeah, I know, getting everyone to list on the same YP server is not going
to be trivial, but if a place gets to be known as *the* place to go to find
.ogg streams, everyone will want to list there.

Anyway, the 2 directory servers I know of can be browsed at
http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/ and http://yp.icecast.net .

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html