[icecast] Dummy soundcard driver for Windows (OT)

Ross Levis ross.levis at cchlawbase.co.nz
Mon Jun 9 23:29:37 UTC 2003

Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> Could you be a BIT more precise? If you use SQRSoft crossfading,
> doesn't it work as desired with the normal Oddcast DSP? And if it
> does: Where's the problem with using the Null output plugin?

You can only select one output plugin in Winamp and that needs to the
the SQRSoft one, not the Null output plugin.  The audio needs to pass
through the crossfade plugin before being sent to the OddCast DSP.  The
crossfade plugin provides for a DSP to be selected for this purpose.

> And if it doesn't:
> Try the DSP-stacker-plugin. Here you can say "send output to
> crossfading and what comes out send it to the Oddcast DSP" and
> finally use your Null output if you want.

I see your confusion.  The crossfade plugin is an output plugin, not a
DSP plugin.
Speaking of DSP stackers, I've tried 3 of them now but the Oddcast DSP
doesn't work when going thru a stacker via the SQRSoft plugin.  It just
sits there at 0kb/s sent.  I wanted to use an audio compressor/limiter
DSP as well but it looks like we'll have to do without this luxury.

Regards,
Ross.