[icecast] web stats and now playing

jared jennings jjenning at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 3 21:41:13 UTC 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
Bryan Koschmann - GKT <gktnews at gktech.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, jared jennings wrote:
> > you just parse out the cue file that ices makes. this file is
> > updated every second, so whenever you open it, it wil be current.
> > i have some (rather nasty) php code to do that if you'd like it.
> > (does ices2 make cue files? i forgot.)
>
> I would be thrilled to have that php code if you wouldn't mind. I
> don't even know where the cue file is, but I suppose I could hunt
> through an lsof output for it.. maybe?

it's in the ices config file. i use ices 0.2.3; the pertinent
directive is BaseDirectory. The pid file, log file and cue file all go
in this BaseDirectory.

In order to understand my whole scheme you should know i have multiple
channels ("genres"). i have attached the php and the config file from
the classical genre. you will have to rip a lot of code out to get
what you want but hopefully it will help some.

if anyone finds this via the archives, the code inside is.. we'll say, in the public domain.

--

"We're reasonably stable for musicians, actually."
                           - Steve Hindalong, The Choir