[icecast] icecast2, ogg, mp3, etc

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Tue Jun 3 18:56:14 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:45:39AM -0700, Bryan Koschmann - GKT wrote:
> Has this changed within the past few months? I swear awhile back icecast2
> had no mp3 support, but then again I could be suffering from caffiene
> withdrawal or something :)

I agree--last time I asked, mp3 support was explicitly out of
icecast2.

In the last couple days, I got icecast2 working, and was
pleasantly shocked to find that mp3 streaming support is
also there.  I now use darkice to send both ogg vorbis
and mp3 to iceast2, and it works quite well.  Only two
processes to keep track of, and so far both are quite
stable.

Matt