[icecast] icecast2, ogg, mp3, etc

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jun 3 18:43:17 UTC 2003

icecast2 is a broadcast server and will broadcast both ogg vorbis and mp3
streams.  This assumes that you have a source client which can produce an
ogg vorbis and mp3 stream and send it TO an icecast2 server.  With mp3
streams, shoutcast mp3 metadata is supported, however you cannot use the
shoutcast DSP as a source stream to an icecast2 server.

Current clients that we know about that can communicate with icecast2 :

Unix Source clients :
ices0.x (supports mp3 streams)
ices2.x (supports ogg vorbis streams)
darkice (supports mp3 + ogg vorbis)
oddcast xmms plugin (supports mp3 + ogg vorbis)
streamTranscoder (supports mp3 + ogg vorbis)

Win32 Source Clients :
oddcast winamp/foobar/tcmp plugin (supports mp3 + ogg vorbis)
streamTranscoder (supports mp3 + ogg vorbis)

If there are more, then please add to the list...

oddsock