[icecast] RE: Mediacast1 yp dir update

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Jul 9 14:08:45 UTC 2003

The ice-* headers are the standard protocol for connecting to icecast2, the
trouble is making all source clients adhere to the standard.  The option is
to be very militant about it, and basically deny any source clients that do
not connect with the ice-* headers , but we chose the more compatable
route...although there is a limit to this compatability....I would strongly
urge darkice to use the ice-* headers (including the new ice-audio-info
header) to provide stream information to icecast2.

oddsock