[icecast] RE: Mediacast1 yp dir update

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Wed Jul 9 02:58:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 03:40:42PM -0500, oddsock wrote:
> what source client is generating that ?

I believe they run darkice, Mark Burdett would have to supply more
specific details as this is a relay of their lofi-mp3 stream.

> The icy-* header that icecast is looking for is icy-pub, not icy-public...I
> don't think there ever *was* an icy-public, the two variations were
> ice-public and icy-pub.

Well that's what happens when there isnt a documented standard.
Seriously, and no offense intended, but the whole "b"/"bitrate"
variation in the YP implementation plus "icy-br" and other variations...

You can't expect compliance to an undocumented/inconsistant standard.
Darkice generating icy-public suprises me very little, but I will say
that these streams were previously working and stopped with a recent
upgrade.