[icecast] client not connecting to server

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Jul 8 11:54:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Michael W. Sellers wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to my icecast2 server with winamp with
> http:host:8000/test.ogg and I get the following error on the server
> console:	DEBUG: client coming in
> 		DEBUG: source not found for client

This means that whatever program you're using to send a stream to the
test.ogg mountpoint is presumably not connecting or is not staying
connected, as there is nothing on test.ogg when winamp tries to play it.
Are you using ices?  Have you looked in the ices logfile?  If it's not run
as root, does it have read access to both your playlist and the ogg files?

Geoff.