[icecast] Call for testing: libshout 2.0 beta 2

jared jennings jjenning at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 3 02:18:11 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 02:46:50PM -0400, Brendan Cully wrote:
> Please build and test it on as many platforms as possible, so that we
> can do an official release in the very near future. There are no known
> issues, but it has only been tested on a few platforms (recent linux,
> solaris, freebsd and Mac OS X systems).

blast, i missed the solaris part. so yeah, it compiles and the example
runs on solaris 2.8 (sparc 5). i couldn't get it to compile right on
Irix 6.5 on an O2. there were parse errors in netinet/tcp.h until i
stuck #include <sys/bsd_types.h> right before it; still problems with
vsnprintf, inet_ntop, inet_pton, and inet_ntoa (wrong prototypes?)
despite definition of vsnprintf in stdio.h and inet_?to? in arpa/inet.h.
oh, and i couldn't find a definition for struct sockaddr_storage
anywhere under /usr/include.

it also works on my debian unstable/athlon xp box, against
debian-packaged ogg and vorbis 1.0

--
01CB B175 70D8 2E39 CA13  AEA6 3A2B 2219 31CD 5381