[icecast] Re: Compiling ices

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jan 31 03:28:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Marc Remijn wrote:

> Looks good, but if I connnect to the stream with my local xmms, it
> continually pre-buffers. When the buffer is filled it starts again pre
> buffering instead of playing.

This isn't an icecast issues, it's really an xmms issue.  Unfortunately,
its an issue that affects many other players too.  XMMS is assuming that
it's an mp3 stream and uses the mp3 plugin to try and play it.  the way to
get around this is to use a mount point with a .ogg extension (e.g.
/live.ogg or /test.ogg) and xmms should play it fine.

Geoff.