[icecast] Ices2

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 20:43:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:06, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi all ,
> I'm trying  to run  ices2 in background mode but it does not really work
> .
> Is there a way to make it work ?
> Is the name of the config file freee form ? Mine is
> "/$HOME/Desktop/ices.xml"
> ( just for test )

The file format is XML so it is as free form as that allows. Is the
problem that is works ok in the foreground but not in the background?
Any information about problems in the log file ?

> HOw to tell ices that input files are mp3 or ogg ( or deos it recognize
> automatically the format ) ?
> Where should be indicated the path of the playlist ?

mp3 is not supported in ices2 as there are licensing considerations. The
only format thats understood currently in the playlist is ogg.

karl.