[icecast] Icecast2, IceS some problem with them

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 16:52:09 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 17:13, stream wrote:
> 	Hi all
> I'm Toni from Italy and i have a problem with Icecast2 and IceS.
> I've get the source code from cvs and i installed them an a linux
> machine with 2.4.18 kernel (mandrake 8.2) with any problem.
> I've modified the conf files of icecast2 and IceS and I've done a
> playlist.txt file...

Whats the stream settings ? and check the log file (provided you have
set a reasonably high log level).

> i started icecast2 and IceS with no problems, (im using some .ogg with
> 96.00 kbps) no error comes out, but when i try to connect to the stream
> with XMMS i can't listen anything and the player do a continues
> pre-buffering with no stop.

I would check against ogg123 as well, but the thing to check is if data
is actually getting to the player, usually by the input buffer
percentage.

> ps: I checked out that mp3 streams aren't supported by Icecast2 and
> IceS, is there a possibility to stream even mp3 files

icecast2 should be able to relay mp3 ok, but ices2 will not stream mp3
as there are license issues.

karl.