[icecast] Relay of title info

Thomas Braad Toft thomas at braadtoft.dk
Wed Jan 22 12:28:47 UTC 2003

Hi Icecast users!

I have a Debian box running with Icecast 1.3.11, installed from package
icecast-server 1:1.3.11-4.3 from the unstable tree.

It's purpose is to relay a bunch of stations using the alias
functionality. It all works like a charm except the title information.
When relaying stations like Groove Salad from soma.fm WinAMP doesn't show
the title info.

In my icecast.conf I've put "use_meta_data 1", but this doesn't seem to
work. I also tried "use_meta_data true", because I was not certain about
the syntaks.
I know that the functionality is experimental, but has anyone had any luck?

Thanks!

--
Thomas Braad Toft
thomas at braadtoft.dk