[icecast] relay servers and mountpoints

Adon Irani adon at YorkU.CA
Tue Jan 21 03:15:01 UTC 2003

> > MY QUESTiON -- if the main server is a relay for the studio , can i also
> > connect local ices2 streams/mountpoints to it ? ?  ie. a second,
> > differently named set of dialup/hispeed.ogg mountpoints for the timed
> > re-broadcasts .
>
> Yes, you can do that.

/~msmith tarballs .

it says that only the 'basic' playlist type is implemented , is this the
case w/ cvs ?
 and if so , could i write an hourly cron j0b to create the .txt ,
and then ? HUP ices ? how would i get it to re-read the playlist file ?

-

also, i am creating my own .m3u files on-demand, if i were to add another
.ogg file line PRiOR to the proper mountpoint ,, could i use this to play
a short disclaimer/intro before the correct stream l0ads ?

 a:/,

i could script somthin to read the .log files , but i'm not very robust
w/ the grep ! .