[icecast] Too many errors .....

Karl Heyes karl at pts.tele2.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 16:39:31 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 15:15, Daniel Knoll wrote:

> [17/Jan/2003:16:10:59] [2877:Source Thread] Kicking client 2877
> [195.145.211.50] [Too many errors (client not receiving data fast enough)]
> [listener], connected for 13 minutes and 55 seconds, 5196648 bytes
> transfered. 0 clients connected
>
> I don't know how. The Client has a 2Mbit network Connection, the Server
> (SunUltra60, SunOS 5.9) is in a Housing Center  and has enough
> bandwidth!!!!! I use icecast1 with shout (compiled under Solaris/SunOS).
> whats wrong ? is it shout ? or icecast? can any programer from icecast fix
> this problem!!!!

If the physical bandwidth is there then check to see if TCP flow control
is kicking in.  Use something like ethereal/tcpdump/snoop to monitor
the packets, check the TCP window size against the ping time. Email the
info if you don't know how to work it out.

If it is that then either the solaris send window or the client receive
window is too small.

karl.