[icecast] Server Question

astralflight6 at netscape.net astralflight6 at netscape.net
Mon Jan 13 15:39:55 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm new to this list.  So far I have a working Icecast server accepting a Shout playlist, and a PPP connection with my isp.  I have my servername set to my own IP address.

It says in the Icecast documentation that all I need to run an Icecast server (besides the software) is a "box".  My question is, is there something innately server-ish which needs to be setup on my machine?

I'm running Icecast/Shout on FreeBSD/XFree86 and haven't had any problems with connecting to the internet, but when I try to play the stream from a completely different IP address/computer using Winamp I get an error message "http returned 0".  Could this be a firewall issue with my isp?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John