[icecast] Wont Stream

David Lewis david.lewis at drlnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 14:23:19 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have just setup an Icecast server on a FreeBSD box.  Everything was setup
fine, and the server runs fine.  It will accept shoutcast connections and
stream them fine - so there is no problem with that.

The problem is streaming Icecast.  I am using the OGGDSP plugin for Winamp 3
and when I connect it - it will look as though everything is connected but
there is no lights flashing on my modem which means there is no data being
sent.  When I try to start a song, it disconnects me.  The icecast.log says
it was a bad password - but I know this is not the case because it is the
right password, and if I change it in the OGGDSP in Winamp it will say bad
password and disconnect me straight away.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

David