[icecast] More than one stream on a server

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Feb 25 13:13:29 UTC 2003

Qahatika <letters at sw3k.net> said:

> Hello.
>
> I think it is possible to use a server for multiple streams, but i don't
> find a doc about that on the net.
> I would my server to be able to stream 3 ou 4 streams, how must I send them
> ?
> And at what adress will they avaible ?
>
> Because if i send streamto myserver:8000, there is only one stream, on
> myserver:8000

Every stream has a unique 'mountpoint' - the path part of the url. That
defines the full url that the stream is available from. In some cases, that
mountpoint might just be "/" - so the url is http://server:port/, but it might
also be "/example/mountpoint", so that the url is
http://server:port/example/mountpoint

The source client will specify some path to use.

Mike